I'm going through basbeall withdrawl. Last Friday was the last time I was left without a baseball game, but I made up for that with copious amounts of beer and pizza. I guess I'll be looking to do more of the same tonight. Here's some random thoughts on the upcoming series.
- Boston annouced that they will start Wakefield, Schilling, and Pedro in the first three games of the series. That makes me wonder who is going to be the other guy they let start. Both Arroyo and Lowe have had a dominant start in this post-season, but each also have a shaky outing too. My guess is that Arroyo has become the long reliever/first guy up in the pen. I look for him to get some serious work in game 1 or 2.
- I can't wait to see Pedro step into the batters box. Remember how much was made of Piazza catching Clemens in the All-Star game? I wonder how much mention pedro "the headhunter" will garner. I bet there are people burning up the phone lines to Cards pitchers.
- What does Francona do with Ortiz for games 3,4,5? My guess would be that he plays games 3 and 5, but sits game 4 when Lowe is likely to start. That's what I'd do at least. I would want a good defense out there with my extreme ground ball pitcher on the mound. I would probably start Pokey at second that game too. If you get behind, it's not that big of a deal to replace them with your big boppers.
- Two Ex-Sox from the 2000 playoff team are making their first world series appearence. Actually, I'm not sure if Eldred is even on the playoff roster. I haven't seen him in any of the games.
- Cheat's Prediction: Boston in 6 -- Back in February, I guessed Boston over Houston. I was close. I'm not gonna change now.
: Eldred is indeed on the World Series roster
. The Hardball Times has a much more complete series preview
, that also picks boston, but in seven games.