I've Moved!!!


Cheat's ChiSox Blog
A collection of my random thoughts and haiku about the Chicago White Sox.

Email: dachort@gmail.com

Haiku Archive

Sox Blogoshpere Headlines

ChiSox Links
Soxtalk.com
White Sox Central
Futuresox.com
White Sox Interactive
Minor League Baseball
Charlotte Knights
Birmingham Barons
Winston-Salem Warthogs
Kannapolis Intimidators

Resources
Check out our great selection of White Sox memorabilia and find your favorite Wright jersey, everything is guaranteed authentic and certified.

Baseball Links
Baseball Prospectus
ESPN Stats
Baseball America
Baseball-Reference
Retro Sheet
Doug's Stats
Win Shares

Blogroll

35th Street Mess
Black Betsy
Exile in Wrigleyville
Southside Adventures
SoxNet
ChiSox Daily

Aaron Gleeman's Blog (Twins)
BatGirl (Twins)
Twins Geek
Seth Speaks (Twins)
Twins Chatter
Cleveland Indians Report
Tribe Sports
TigerBlog
Royals Baseball
Royals Court

Replacement Level Yankees
Bronx Banter (Yanks)
Golden Sombrero (0rioles)
Orioles Hangout
YaGottaBelieve (D-rays)
Bambino's Curse (Red Sox)
Firebrand of the AL (Red Sox)
Sox Nation
Blue Jay Way

Pearly Gates (Angels)
Baysball (A's)
Athletics Nation
Elephants in Oakland
Texas Rangers Blog
U.S.S. Mariner
Leone for Third (M's)
Mariner Musings

Astros in Exile
Al's Ramblings (Brewers)
The Cubs Reporter
View from the Bleachers (Cubs)
Redbird Nation (Cards) Cincinnati Reds Blog
Reds Daily
Value Over Replacement (Bucs)

The Raindrops (Mets)
Braves Buzz
Braves Journal
No Pepper (Braves)
Phillies Blog
Citizen's Blog (Phillies)

Only Baseball Matters (Giants)
Ducksnorts (Padres)
Dodger Thoughts
Random Fandom (D'backs)
Up in the Rockies

Baseball Think Factory
Hardball Times
Baseball Musings
Baseball Crank
Transaction Guy
Will Carroll Presents
Wait 'til Next Year
Sabernomics
Mikes Baseball Rants
Serious Baseball
Independent Thinking

Chicago Sports Review Blog
Mark Cuban's Blog
Hoopville
College Basketball Blog
Big Ten Basketball Blog
CySox
Want to add your link?
Email: dachort@gmail.com



Archives

Recent Posts
#2 "Hole"
Outside the Box
AL Central All-Stars
2005 Yankees
This just in...
Octoberfest
A Closer Look: Placido Polanco
BR's 2004 pages.
Gleeman'd
Dealing with the Devil

Misc. Links
NFL-Fans
Marlin Baseball
The Brushback
Chicago Bears Official Site
Bicycling Forums
Graham Watson
WXRT
X-Entertainment
Homestar Runner
Fark

* * * * * * * * *


Syndicate this Site



Technorati search
Friday, October 22, 2004
Friday Night Musings

I'm going through basbeall withdrawl. Last Friday was the last time I was left without a baseball game, but I made up for that with copious amounts of beer and pizza. I guess I'll be looking to do more of the same tonight. Here's some random thoughts on the upcoming series.

- Boston annouced that they will start Wakefield, Schilling, and Pedro in the first three games of the series. That makes me wonder who is going to be the other guy they let start. Both Arroyo and Lowe have had a dominant start in this post-season, but each also have a shaky outing too. My guess is that Arroyo has become the long reliever/first guy up in the pen. I look for him to get some serious work in game 1 or 2.

- I can't wait to see Pedro step into the batters box. Remember how much was made of Piazza catching Clemens in the All-Star game? I wonder how much mention pedro "the headhunter" will garner. I bet there are people burning up the phone lines to Cards pitchers.

- What does Francona do with Ortiz for games 3,4,5? My guess would be that he plays games 3 and 5, but sits game 4 when Lowe is likely to start. That's what I'd do at least. I would want a good defense out there with my extreme ground ball pitcher on the mound. I would probably start Pokey at second that game too. If you get behind, it's not that big of a deal to replace them with your big boppers.

- Two Ex-Sox from the 2000 playoff team are making their first world series appearence. Actually, I'm not sure if Eldred is even on the playoff roster. I haven't seen him in any of the games.

- Cheat's Prediction: Boston in 6 -- Back in February, I guessed Boston over Houston. I was close. I'm not gonna change now.

Update: Eldred is indeed on the World Series roster. The Hardball Times has a much more complete series preview, that also picks boston, but in seven games.