I've Moved!!!


Cheat's ChiSox Blog
A collection of my random thoughts and haiku about the Chicago White Sox.

Email: dachort@gmail.com

Haiku Archive

Sox Blogoshpere Headlines

ChiSox Links
Soxtalk.com
White Sox Central
Futuresox.com
White Sox Interactive
Minor League Baseball
Charlotte Knights
Birmingham Barons
Winston-Salem Warthogs
Kannapolis Intimidators

Resources
Check out our great selection of White Sox memorabilia and find your favorite Wright jersey, everything is guaranteed authentic and certified.

Baseball Links
Baseball Prospectus
ESPN Stats
Baseball America
Baseball-Reference
Retro Sheet
Doug's Stats
Win Shares

Blogroll

35th Street Mess
Black Betsy
Exile in Wrigleyville
Southside Adventures
SoxNet
ChiSox Daily

Aaron Gleeman's Blog (Twins)
BatGirl (Twins)
Twins Geek
Seth Speaks (Twins)
Twins Chatter
Cleveland Indians Report
Tribe Sports
TigerBlog
Royals Baseball
Royals Court

Replacement Level Yankees
Bronx Banter (Yanks)
Golden Sombrero (0rioles)
Orioles Hangout
YaGottaBelieve (D-rays)
Bambino's Curse (Red Sox)
Firebrand of the AL (Red Sox)
Sox Nation
Blue Jay Way

Pearly Gates (Angels)
Baysball (A's)
Athletics Nation
Elephants in Oakland
Texas Rangers Blog
U.S.S. Mariner
Leone for Third (M's)
Mariner Musings

Astros in Exile
Al's Ramblings (Brewers)
The Cubs Reporter
View from the Bleachers (Cubs)
Redbird Nation (Cards) Cincinnati Reds Blog
Reds Daily
Value Over Replacement (Bucs)

The Raindrops (Mets)
Braves Buzz
Braves Journal
No Pepper (Braves)
Phillies Blog
Citizen's Blog (Phillies)

Only Baseball Matters (Giants)
Ducksnorts (Padres)
Dodger Thoughts
Random Fandom (D'backs)
Up in the Rockies

Baseball Think Factory
Hardball Times
Baseball Musings
Baseball Crank
Transaction Guy
Will Carroll Presents
Wait 'til Next Year
Sabernomics
Mikes Baseball Rants
Serious Baseball
Independent Thinking

Chicago Sports Review Blog
Mark Cuban's Blog
Hoopville
College Basketball Blog
Big Ten Basketball Blog
CySox
Want to add your link?
Email: dachort@gmail.com



Archives

Recent Posts
A Closer Look: Placido Polanco
BR's 2004 pages.
Gleeman'd
Dealing with the Devil
Free Agents - Addendum
Off Season Outlook -- Free Agents (part 2)
Off Season Outlook -- Free Agents
Off-Season Outlook -- Position Players
Off Season Outlook - Pitchers.
Even More Numbers

Misc. Links
NFL-Fans
Marlin Baseball
The Brushback
Chicago Bears Official Site
Bicycling Forums
Graham Watson
WXRT
X-Entertainment
Homestar Runner
Fark

* * * * * * * * *


Syndicate this Site



Technorati search
Tuesday, October 19, 2004
Octoberfest

On Saturday night, I headed out to a local watering hole to participate in "Octoberfest". The festivities featured a various assortment of bands, most trying to relive their youth through playing the songs that echoed the halls of their respective high schools; a special selection of beers, most of which were largely ignored by the greater public in favor of the mega-brewery's glorified water; and a collection of TV's tuned into the nation's pastime, baseball.

Usually I would position myself in the best possible viewing location, this being the best time of the baseball season and all, but to this point this year's post-season has left me wanting more. The endings were predictable; the series, onesided. Maybe it was just that they couldn't live up to the excitement from last year's incredible October, but on that night, I hardly paid any attention to the TV screen and instead focused on drowning my sorrows at the bottom of a collection imported brews.

Since writing off October baseball that night, the 'Stros have climbed from a 2-0 hole to take a 3-2 lead, the Bosox have battled back from down 3-0 to 3-2, and the last three games have finished on walkoffs. It's not the White Sox, but it's the next best thing. I'll be watching every pitch I can, muting every appearance of Scooter™, rooting for good baseball. The last 3 Yanks/Sawks games have all gone over 4:20 in length, which isn't exactly going to draw the casual fan, but to steal a phrase from McDonals™; I'm lovin' it.

Haiku
I guess I should explain the recent fascination with haiku.

I was having a AIM™ conversation with a friend of mine, who happens to play in a band. Where were discussing names for their newest album, and I suggested that the title should be a haiku. He thought I was crazy, but when I would only respond to him in the form of haiku, he started to get it. Suddenly, I was in the middle of a conversation where both of us spoke only in haiku form. I was surprised at the relative ease to distill a thought into a standard 5-7-5 haiku. Somehow, that carried over to the blog, and I think it's going to stay. I created a haiku archive, which I'm hoping will eventually serve as an interesting summary/timeline of the White Sox and this blog. I'm not claiming to have any talent for it. In fact, I think that's why I like the haiku; it has defined rules, so I can't mess up.

Post season baseball,
Boston and Houston come back.
Yankees will still win.