- Oh what a painful day for my brackets. Even though I've switched some of them up, there's not one single bracket I've entered that has more than 2 Final Four teams still in it. Surprisingly, I'm still near the top over at the Blogger's Bracket. -- Top 10% isn't bad, I wish I finished that high in school.
- Last year I was complaining about the lack of buzzer beaters in the tournament. -- There haven't been any yet this year, but I'm not complainging. -- The performances down the stretch by West Virginia's Gansey and Wake Forest's Downey were incredible.
- Good thing they've got a week to market that huge West Virginia vs. Texas Tech match up. They're gonna need it.
- The Sox have won six of their last seven spring trainging games. I know it doesn't mean much, but they appear to be buying into Ozzie's small ball philosophy. While I'm not a big fan of bunting and giving away outs in the best HR park in the AL, they've begun to really pick the right spots and exacute very well.
- I love the squeeze play. I was calling for it numerous times last season, when Ozzie was supposed to bring his small ball approach to Comiskey, but we didn't see it once in 162 games. So far in spring training, I've seen it at least twice. -- I heard Hawk say that they had run it, sucessfully, three times in under 20 games.