There was no Sox game today. Frank Thomas was right in the middle of the circus sideshow in Washington D.C. But honestly, did anyone actually think something would come out of those hearings?
The main story of the day was me requesting off the day from work, and sitting in my lounge chair for 12 hours watching college basketball.
I should be doing pretty well in most of my pools. Not necessarily winning, but close to the top, and without having lost anyone who I have going very deep.
Highlights on the day
Lowlights of the day
- Wisconsin-Milwaukee tearing into last years surprise Elite-8 qualifier Alabama.
- UAB destroying LSU
- Iowa not bothering to show up in Indianapolis. 7 assists in 40 minutes for the team. That's pitiful.
- Creighton pissing down their leg in the final minute against West Virginia.
Overall, day one this year was better than day one last year. The first few rounds last year were very disappointing.
Games to watch tomorrow
- Minnesota vs. Iowa State. -- Both teams have one dominant player. For Minnesota is Vincent Grier, for Iowa State it's Curtis Stintson. Stintson is a more complete player than Grier.
- Wisconsin vs. Northern Iowa -- Wisconsin doesn't blow anyone out. UNI is gonna be looking to prove they belong.
- Southern Illinois vs. St. Mary's -- Battle of Mid-Majors. These two should be knocking off one of the big boys. I'll still enjoy watching them beat up on each other.
I think the Big Ten could be in store for a long day tomorrow.