I've Moved!!!


Cheat's ChiSox Blog
A collection of my random thoughts and haiku about the Chicago White Sox.

Email: dachort@gmail.com

Haiku Archive

Sox Blogoshpere Headlines

ChiSox Links
Soxtalk.com
White Sox Central
Futuresox.com
White Sox Interactive
Minor League Baseball
Charlotte Knights
Birmingham Barons
Winston-Salem Warthogs
Kannapolis Intimidators

Resources
Check out our great selection of White Sox memorabilia and find your favorite Wright jersey, everything is guaranteed authentic and certified.

Baseball Links
Baseball Prospectus
ESPN Stats
Baseball America
Baseball-Reference
Retro Sheet
Doug's Stats
Win Shares

Blogroll

35th Street Mess
Black Betsy
Exile in Wrigleyville
Southside Adventures
SoxNet
ChiSox Daily

Aaron Gleeman's Blog (Twins)
BatGirl (Twins)
Twins Geek
Seth Speaks (Twins)
Twins Chatter
Cleveland Indians Report
Tribe Sports
TigerBlog
Royals Baseball
Royals Court

Replacement Level Yankees
Bronx Banter (Yanks)
Golden Sombrero (0rioles)
Orioles Hangout
YaGottaBelieve (D-rays)
Bambino's Curse (Red Sox)
Firebrand of the AL (Red Sox)
Sox Nation
Blue Jay Way

Pearly Gates (Angels)
Baysball (A's)
Athletics Nation
Elephants in Oakland
Texas Rangers Blog
U.S.S. Mariner
Leone for Third (M's)
Mariner Musings

Astros in Exile
Al's Ramblings (Brewers)
The Cubs Reporter
View from the Bleachers (Cubs)
Redbird Nation (Cards) Cincinnati Reds Blog
Reds Daily
Value Over Replacement (Bucs)

The Raindrops (Mets)
Braves Buzz
Braves Journal
No Pepper (Braves)
Phillies Blog
Citizen's Blog (Phillies)

Only Baseball Matters (Giants)
Ducksnorts (Padres)
Dodger Thoughts
Random Fandom (D'backs)
Up in the Rockies

Baseball Think Factory
Hardball Times
Baseball Musings
Baseball Crank
Transaction Guy
Will Carroll Presents
Wait 'til Next Year
Sabernomics
Mikes Baseball Rants
Serious Baseball
Independent Thinking

Chicago Sports Review Blog
Mark Cuban's Blog
Hoopville
College Basketball Blog
Big Ten Basketball Blog
CySox
Want to add your link?
Email: dachort@gmail.com



Archives

Recent Posts
Lefty Handicap
AL Central -- Position by Position -- 1B
Duke of Bridgeport
Salary info
Non-tendered options
Deck the Halls
Lee Gawn!!!
Sox Sign Dye
Sox Sign Hermanson
Distracted

Misc. Links
NFL-Fans
Marlin Baseball
The Brushback
Chicago Bears Official Site
Bicycling Forums
Graham Watson
WXRT
X-Entertainment
Homestar Runner
Fark

* * * * * * * * *


Syndicate this Site



Technorati search
Thursday, March 03, 2005
Spring Fling

  • Story Time
    So I had a dental appointment yesterday, and I hate the dentist. With it being the Sox opening spring training game, I took this opportunity to exaggerate my dental appointment into a dental emergency, with the intent of taking the day off an listening to the Sox game.

    So I told my employer that I had a dental emergency and wouldn't be able to work on Wednesday. I went to my appointment -- in and out in under an hour, home before 10AM, counting the minutes until I could catch the Nats-Mets game on ESPN.

    2PM arrives and I've pulled up the Colorado Rockies affiliate to listen to the game online. (I was sure that ESPN1000 wasn't going to carry the feed over the net.) Audio cuts out, and I get the repeating message that the Rockies game is available online though MLB. Immediately I assume that this is only through their pay service, which I don't have because I live in frickin' Chicago, so I head over to my stereo only to remember that I don't get AM reception in the basement.

    Fuck! I don't ever leave the basement. Natural light hurts my eyes.

    I head upstairs and settle in the only place I can find an operable radio, my brother's room, and quickly locate the White Sox broadcast on AM 1000. It's the middle of the first. They're running a commercial for Pep Boys, and I'm already bored. I turn on the little 13" GE TV he's got on top of his dresser -- Why not see what freak show Maury Povich has got on today, right?

    Damn! The stupid cheap ass TV interferes with the radio such that all I get is static. -- TV off -- Bottom of the first, Pods up. Base hit, right side. -- Alright! Nice start in a new uni.

    Rooney and Farmer are hardly mentioning the game, talking instead about the drive over and how they should expand the Highway. I pick up a Tiger-Direct magazine that await my brother's return from school. There's no comfortable way to sit in this room. I lie back on the bed, still flipping through the Tiger-Direct -- Ooh look cheap flash drives.

    Pods steals second, Iguchi grounds out to the right side, and I'm out. Done, gone, asleep. The sandman sweeps me away 1 out into the spring training season. I slept through the entire game.

    What a wasted day.

  • Big Hurt
    According to the White Sox website Frank Thomas is has been given a clean bill of health and is due in Tucson on Monday. I'm still bearish on his return being anytime soon, and the quotes from Sox head trainer, Herm Schneider, don't do anything to instill confidence either.
    "It will be a very slow process, and there's no, no, no, no, no timetable," Schneider said. "So, don't ask me when he will be ready to play because I'm not going to be able to answer that.

    "The legs have to be strong and he really hasn't done anything since June of last season. It takes a while to get back into the swing of things. He's not a little guy. He's a big guy. So, you have to be safe."



  • WTF!?!
    neither of the Sox two games has been televised, and I've only caught the passing glance of highlights on the local news, but I'm pretty sure this didn't happen.

    Yesterday's box score, by way of ESPN
    FINAL

    COLORADO (8) AT CHI WHITE SOX (4)

    COLORADO AB R H BI CHI WHITE SOX AB R H BI
    A Miles 2b 2 0 0 0 S Podsednik lf 3 0 3 0
    J Nix ph-2b 2 0 0 0 R Sweeney lf 2 0 2 0
    A Amezaga ph-ss 1 0 0 0 T Iguchi 2b 2 0 0 0
    A Tracy dh 2 0 1 1 P Lopez pr-2b 1 1 0 0
    J Salazar ph-dh 2 0 0 0 C Everett dh 2 0 0 0
    T Helton 1b 2 0 1 0 C Rogowski ph-dh 3 1 1 0
    R Shealy ph-1b 2 1 0 0 P Konerko 1b 3 0 1 0
    M Holliday lf 2 0 0 0 J Toca 1b 2 0 1 2
    L Gonzalez lf 2 0 0 0 J Dye rf 1 0 0 0
    C Sullivan ph-lf 1 1 1 0 T Alvarez rf 2 0 0 0
    B Hawpe rf 2 0 0 0 A Pierzynski c 1 0 0 0
    J Piedra rf 3 3 3 1 C Widger c 3 0 0 0
    G Atkins 3b 1 0 1 0 A Rowand cf 3 0 1 0
    J Baker 3b 3 2 3 3 F Thomas cf 2 1 0 0
    J Closser c 2 0 0 0 J Crede 3b 3 0 0 0
    D Ardoin ph-c 2 0 0 1 J Fields 3b 1 0 1 1
    C Barmes ss 2 0 0 0 J Uribe ss 2 1 2 0
    D Relaford ss-2b 2 0 1 0 W Valdez ss 2 0 0 0
    R Taylor cf 2 1 1 0 J Adkins p 0 0 0 0
    C Freeman cf 2 0 1 2 C Politte p 0 0 0 0
    J Wright p 0 0 0 0 S Takatsu p 0 0 0 0
    M Merricks p 0 0 0 0 D Hermanson p 0 0 0 0
    A Taylor p 0 0 0 0 D Marte p 0 0 0 0
    J Young p 0 0 0 0 L Vizcaino p 0 0 0 0
    J Lopez p 0 0 0 0 N Cotts p 0 0 0 0
    S Chiasson p 0 0 0 0 F Diaz p 0 0 0 0
    TOTALS 39 8 13 8 TOTALS 38 4 12 3

    COLORADO 001 002 014 -- 8
    CHI WHITE SOX 000 010 012 -- 4