I've Moved!!!


Cheat's ChiSox Blog
A collection of my random thoughts and haiku about the Chicago White Sox.

Email: dachort@gmail.com

Haiku Archive

Sox Blogoshpere Headlines

ChiSox Links
Soxtalk.com
White Sox Central
Futuresox.com
White Sox Interactive
Minor League Baseball
Charlotte Knights
Birmingham Barons
Winston-Salem Warthogs
Kannapolis Intimidators

Resources
Check out our great selection of White Sox memorabilia and find your favorite Wright jersey, everything is guaranteed authentic and certified.

Baseball Links
Baseball Prospectus
ESPN Stats
Baseball America
Baseball-Reference
Retro Sheet
Doug's Stats
Win Shares

Blogroll

35th Street Mess
Black Betsy
Exile in Wrigleyville
Southside Adventures
SoxNet
ChiSox Daily

Aaron Gleeman's Blog (Twins)
BatGirl (Twins)
Twins Geek
Seth Speaks (Twins)
Twins Chatter
Cleveland Indians Report
Tribe Sports
TigerBlog
Royals Baseball
Royals Court

Replacement Level Yankees
Bronx Banter (Yanks)
Golden Sombrero (0rioles)
Orioles Hangout
YaGottaBelieve (D-rays)
Bambino's Curse (Red Sox)
Firebrand of the AL (Red Sox)
Sox Nation
Blue Jay Way

Pearly Gates (Angels)
Baysball (A's)
Athletics Nation
Elephants in Oakland
Texas Rangers Blog
U.S.S. Mariner
Leone for Third (M's)
Mariner Musings

Astros in Exile
Al's Ramblings (Brewers)
The Cubs Reporter
View from the Bleachers (Cubs)
Redbird Nation (Cards) Cincinnati Reds Blog
Reds Daily
Value Over Replacement (Bucs)

The Raindrops (Mets)
Braves Buzz
Braves Journal
No Pepper (Braves)
Phillies Blog
Citizen's Blog (Phillies)

Only Baseball Matters (Giants)
Ducksnorts (Padres)
Dodger Thoughts
Random Fandom (D'backs)
Up in the Rockies

Baseball Think Factory
Hardball Times
Baseball Musings
Baseball Crank
Transaction Guy
Will Carroll Presents
Wait 'til Next Year
Sabernomics
Mikes Baseball Rants
Serious Baseball
Independent Thinking

Chicago Sports Review Blog
Mark Cuban's Blog
Hoopville
College Basketball Blog
Big Ten Basketball Blog
CySox
Want to add your link?
Email: dachort@gmail.com



Archives

Recent Posts
On Top
Sox Radio on the Move?
5 Q's Roundup
Nostradamus I am not
Fenced in?
Predictapalooza
First Place, Baby!
Billy, Carmen, and Bryan
Anagram'd -- Con't
Anagram'd

Misc. Links
NFL-Fans
Marlin Baseball
The Brushback
Chicago Bears Official Site
Bicycling Forums
Graham Watson
WXRT
X-Entertainment
Homestar Runner
Fark

* * * * * * * * *


Syndicate this Site



Technorati search
Friday, April 08, 2005
Payback...

Wow, what a day. As if the Sox game wasn't a slap in the face enough, Blogger ate my long post about it, which I wrote in Micro$oft explorer on a friend's computer. Then when I got home late last night, I wasn't feeling well, so I took a couple asprin and played with my dog. Well my dog hurt her back, and I got nauseous from the either the splitting headache or too many asprin. So far today's better, but I won't be able to see tonight's game versus the Twins.

As you would expect, most of my lost post was about Ozzie's bullpen usage. What you might not have expected was for the most part, I defended it. I'm not going to re-hash it again, but I do want to bring up one point I don't think anyone has talked about.

Why does Ozzie have such a quick hook with Neal Cotts? He often seems to get pulled as soon as he puts a runner in scoring position. I realize a lot of you don't like this guy, and that may be with good reason. My question to Ozzie is, 'why have him in the pen if you're going to treat him with kid gloves?'

Cotts is a ground ball pitcher, who struggles with his control. He had the best double play rate of any current White Sox pitcher last season, converting 18% of his opportunies into twin killings. I realize it's a small sample size, but he gives you the best opportunity of anyone in the pen to get out of a jam with the double play. I can't imagine that it does anything for his confidence when he's pulled like he was yesterday. We'll see if it's something Ozzie continues to do, or if he was really that scared of Ronnie Belliard, who was 0-4 vs. Cotts coming into the game. Just something to watch. I think Ozzie learned something yesterday, or at least I hope he learned something yesterday.

* * * * *

Sox @ Twins
  • Hernandez (2-2, 4.09 ERA vs. MIN) vs. Loshe (7-3, 3.74 ERA vs. CHI)
    • I have no idea why Lohse gives us the trouble that he does. Paul Konerko's .079/.125/.158 line against Lohse obviously has something to do with it.

  • Garland(4-5, 4.53 ERA vs. MIN) vs. Radke (14-11, 4.52 ERA vs. CHI)
  • Buehrle(13-7, 3.95 ERA vs. MIN) vs. Santana (3-4, 5.40 ERA vs. CHI)